Wednesday, December 15, 2010

New Scene, New Role


This year the Radio City Christmas Spectacular in Nashville, TN had a new workshop scene. That means I had a whole new scene to learn during rehearsals. In previous years, I would coast through rehearsals because it was the same scene and same role. Well, this year, I really earned my money during rehearsals. I actually had to think during rehearsal (AHH!!) and practice before and after rehearsal (unheard of)! The character I play now is named Bob instead of Bruce. I do a lot less during the scene even though I am on stage the whole time. I'm basically a prop that moves itself. Very handy for the crew!

The reason Nashville got the new scene was the old set was a casualty of the flood in May. You can reference the pictures from my post back in May about this. So here is the back story I tell people when they say, "I really miss Bruce." (Don't we all?)

Bruce was, unfortunately, a casualty of the great Nashville flood. Since he was so short (reference picture above), he drowned when the waters rose; may he rest in peace. Luckily for the show, Bruce has an identical twin brother named Bob who is taking over for him. Fortunately, they are identical so Bob can wear Bruce's clothes. It all works out! Bob is not nearly the prankster and jokester that Bruce was but Bob still creates his own mischief. We all miss Bruce. He brought smiles to thousands of people throughout the years. Now he is fake fainting for porridge and then flinging that porridge at his friends in heaven. Let's have a moment of silence..........