Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Celebrities at the Christmas Spectacular

Sheryl Crow, Scott Hamilton, and Kimberly Williams-Paisley attended our first show of the Christmas Spectacular last Saturday with their children. During intermission after microphone check, I walked around trying to (casually) bump into the celebrities backstage. When celebrities come to the show, they stay backstage until the show starts and then are brought back again during intermission and after the program so they are not hounded by the audience. (Instead they get to be hounded by the performers! :)) I figured they were down the stage right hallway because all the kids from the show’s moms were standing there with their cameras. Dead giveaway. I thought they were farther down that particular hallway closer to the stage. As I rounded the corner, I realized they were right there! Well, hello there, fancy running in to you! The group was taking pictures with Mrs. Claus. They said, "Oh look it's one of Santa's elves!" I smiled and asked them if they were enjoying the show up to that point. They said they were. It was cute to see the kids so excited about the show and having a good time.

Scott Hamilton took multiple pictures of me.

Sheryl Crow shook my hand and told me it was a pleasure to meet me. (If I didn’t know Sheryl Crow was at the performance, I would have walked right past her in the hallway and never would have known it! See picture below.)

I exchanged smiles with Kimberly Williams-Paisley. Kimberly’s son looks just like his daddy (Brad Paisley).

Here are two pictures of our Company Manager Tim with the celebrities after the show: