Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Elevator Epiphany

This morning I had some deep thoughts I thought I would share. I went down to the hotel's lobby, and I grabbed some food for breakfast. After I got in the elevator to go back to my room and pushed the level three button, I realized I had forgotten something. I was able to push the open door button and get out, but the level three button was still lit. After I got out, the elevator went to level three empty. I realized then that there is no cancel button in an elevator. I wonder if people realize how much of a commitment they make when they step into an elevator. Once you push that button, there is no taking it back. You have committed to that floor. The only way out of it is to get out of the elevator and get in a different one. Think about that the next time you get in an elevator!