Thursday, December 11, 2008

Falling Fish

Here's a funny (and true) story that occurred last Monday night. I'm sure you will all get a kick out of it. Looking back, I think it is hilarious! At the time, I didn't think it was so funny.

I decided to make a good dinner since I didn’t have a show that evening. I defrosted a piece of cod (a white fish for all you anti-fish people) and some shrimp. I made some chicken flavored rice. I know, you are thinking chicken flavored rice with fish? Just remember, I am single and I can eat anything I want....So there!

Back to the story. I put the cod on a cookie sheet and baked it for about ten minutes. I pulled the rack out that the cookie sheet was on so that I could flip the fish over to bake the other side. I pulled the rack out so far that it wasn’t supported by the groove in the oven anymore so it tilted downward sending the cookie sheet and the fish crashing to the floor. Of course, the fish fell off the cookie sheet right on the floor!

I burned my finger in the process so taking care of that was first priority. I ran my finger under cold water for awhile. I was grateful my finger didn’t blister.

Next priority was the fish on the floor. I picked up the fish from the floor, rinsed it off, threw it back on the cookie sheet, and put the cookie sheet back in the oven to finish cooking. Then I ate it! Yup, I ate fish that had fallen on the ground! If Mom would have done this, I would have made a huge fuss about it and never let her live it down! Oh yeah, I would have refused to eat it too!

There you have it. I know none of you will ever come to a dinner party I hold and will now be very selective of what I will be allowed to bring to yours. I guess I'm off the hook. I hate cooking and this story was just one more reason why.