Sunday, September 20, 2009

Three Short Days in the Emerald City

What did I do for Labor Day? I got out of town! My parents and I decided to spend the lovely weekend in Seattle. It had been years since I had been in Seattle. It has to be my 2nd favorite city in the United States. I don't think I even need to tell you what my most favorite city is. Anyway, the weekend was a blast even though I didn't get to meet up with any of my friends living there. That will just give me an excuse to go back.



This picture was taken just on the side of the road. There is a freeway right behind us down an embankment. The fence I am standing on (you wondered how I became taller than my dad) divides the road we are on from a steep embankment down to the freeway.

This next picture was taken in front of Pike's Public Market. It's a little bit of a "Where's Crissy and Melodie?" picture. A guy was playing the guitar and hula hooping at the same time where all those people are standing behind us. (And who says America doesn't have talent?) We watched fish being thrown and admired (I might even go so far as to say lusted) the beautiful flowers being sold. If I lived anywhere near Pike's Market, my entire paycheck (assuming I had one) would go to fresh flowers and fresh produce!





Why would I go to Seattle at that particular time, you wonder?? To see Wicked of course. Since the number of times I have seen it is in the ridiculous range, I am not even going to tell you. Let's just say I LOVED IT!!! What made it even better was seeing a former cast member I worked with during Radio City listed on the playbill. The cast was amazing so if you are in the Seattle area (or soon coming to Denver), go see it!! I love the Paramount Theatre sign. It is so pretty!



On Sunday, we took the ferry to Bainbridge Island. Here's a picture of Seattle skyline as we rode across the Puget Sound to Bainbridge. Bainbridge Island was so fun! I highly recommend J.J.'s Fish House. Delicious!!

My favorite place in the Seattle area is the Chittenden Locks. I LOVE it!! I love to watch the salmon jump and all the different kind of boats come in and out of the locks. I included a picture of the boat that I will someday own-complete with driver, cook, and butler. There was also a fishing boat, a kodiak (or whatever those raft boats are called), and a speedboat that went through the locks while we were there. I could stand there all day...in the rain. (Oh wait, I did that.)


This picture was taken at a park in the Queen Anne's Hill area. (I don't know if that is even what it is called, but it's what I call it.)

On Labor Day, we went to the Glass Museum in Tacoma. I could stay there all day too and watch them make shapes out of liquid. It was so pretty and interesting to watch. All in all, it was a fabulous trip of old favorites and new experiences. I can't wait to go back!