Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Lake Powell Lounging

I took a few needed days off and headed to Lake Powell with my parents. I spent a very nice long weekend soaking up the sun, listening to tunes, reading a good book, and pretty much not doing anything. It was the BEST!! Here's a few pictures to show you that I really didn't do anything for five days.





Hiking (at times climbing) up to these ruins was the most exertion I used during the five days. I had been up to these ruins many times and I always find it fascinating. How did people live (and survive) in these circumstances?? I am spoiled and I prefer it that way!

BFFs
My parents invited some friends from Colorado to join us at the lake. Lucky for me, they brought their daughter who is about two years younger than me and her husband along too. It was fun to see Abbi again and talk to her. I probably haven't seen her for over 15 years! Wow that's a long time! We had some great memories together as teenagers. We survived those lovely teen years and turned out to be pretty decent people, if I do say so myself! (Who would have thought?) Abbi and her husband Joseph were a lot of fun, along with Abbi's parents, Alan and Kari. We had a nice time renewing friendships. Oh how I love Lake Powell.