Monday, November 24, 2008

The Loveless Cafe

Even though the weather was overcast and rainy, five of the Little People piled into one car and hit the open road for the Loveless Cafe. This was another one of my BRILLIANT ideas (if I do say so myself!)!! Many friends from previous years have said, "We went to the Loveless Cafe. The food was delicious. You have to go there." Then I would reply by saying, "Then why didn't you invite me to go along?!" This would usually shut them up and send them on their way. Perfect. So this year I decided to coordinate my own expedition to the Loveless Cafe. I would like to thank the LPs for once again going along with another one of my whims.
The Mighty Five-Leann, Dana, Me, Mike, and Laura


Dana showing off the place-the store, the BBQ pit, and the Cafe

Macaroni and cheese, fried chicken, homemade biscuits with honey and homemade jams-blackberry, strawberry, and peach-DELICIOUS!!

Good thing I exercised BEFORE I went to lunch. At least, I didn't feel SO guilty with my food fest. I kept telling myself I was just preparing for the many Thanksgiving feasts that were coming up this week. I have a Thanksgiving dinner to attend on Wednesday and two scheduled for Thursday. Considering that I felt sick after this little meal, I don't know if I will survive all the upcoming food. Now that it has been three hours since I have eaten all that food, I am feeling better. The food was DELICIOUS! It was well worth the 35 minute drive to get there. Just be careful with overeating! Oh yeah, did I mention I got some banana pudding to go complete with Nilla Wafers and Whip Cream? That will be a perfect dinner in a few hours while I watch some TV. :) Some days (actually most days) it's good to be me!