Monday, November 10, 2008

Happy 30th Birthday to Me!

Saturday November 1st was a marvelous day because all the attention was on me! The day began at 7 AM. I walked to the beach and watched the sunrise at 7:35 AM over the Atlantic Ocean. It was a beautiful sunrise. The sky turned blue with a few clouds along the horizon. It was quite cool that morning. After the sunrise, I walked back to my condo and got ready for the day.

Rehearsal started with everyone singing Happy Birthday to me. It was great! I loved all the attention! We ran through the show from beginning to end twice. I received phone calls, text messages, and emails from many friends and family members. Company management brought a birthday cake to the break room during lunch and had everyone sing Happy Birthday to me again. I blew out all 30 candles on top. It was hard work! I loved it! The cake was yellow with white frosting. It tasted delicious! I didn’t get any notes from rehearsal all day!

After work, some members of the cast and company management went to Fiesta Del Burro Loco for dinner to celebrate my birthday. The wooden donkey on wheels was brought to our table. I climbed up on the donkey and wore the sombrero as everyone sang Happy Birthday to me one last time! I loved it. I had a fabulous 30th birthday! Thanks to everyone who helped make it a special day.