Thursday, December 20, 2007

Celebrity Sightings

The latest rumor floating around the dressing rooms at the Grand Ole Opry a few nights ago was that Carrie Underwood was in the audience. I have asked around but I have not been able to locate a witness that actually saw Carrie at the show. My dresser says that when she left about a half an hour after the show, there was a limo parked outside. In my mind, I wouldn't think that a celebrity would take a limo to the Christmas Spectacular. I would think that an 8 year old girls birthday party would take a limo to the Christmas Spectacular. You make the decision.

Last year, I saw with my own eyes Clint Black, his wife Lisa Hartman Black, and a little girl with them (a daughter or niece?). They were backstage before one of our shows. Then they watched that show.

Last year, Dolly Parton was backstage at the Grand Ole Opry. I don't think she saw the show but was backstage to film something in the TV studio at the Opry.

Two years ago, LeAnn Rimes was backstage at the Opry but didn't see the show as far as I know. She was also filming something in the TV studio at the Opry.

Two years ago, Pam Tillis saw our show during our invited dress rehearsal. She has her own show going on in the theater behind ours.

The big rumor two years ago was that Martina McBride came to the show. i didn't hear of anyone that actually saw her so take it for what it's worth. I absolutely LOVE Martina McBride so I like to think that it's true. Martina is an amazing performer and even better person.

If you don't know who any of these people are then you need to spend some more time listening to the country stations on the radio. Remember, I am in Nashville.

I am still waiting for Kenny Chesney to come to the show. :) And to think that that little Bruce is the hottest thing he has ever seen! With 18 Rockettes in the show, I doubt that last statement will ever happen! I also doubt he would come to the show. A girl can dream, can't she?!