Monday, November 26, 2007

Ruined Christmas for Everyone!

Here's the latest Grand Ole Opry story.

Last Saturday at our 3:30 PM performance an interesting thing happened. I was going along in the show minding my own business and doing everything that I was supposed to do. I walked over to dust off Santa to get him ready to leave with all the sacks of toys. After I dusted him off, I noticed there was a letter to Santa on the floor of the stage. I picked it up off of the ground and put it in the basket I was carrying. It kind of threw me off but I kept going. After I got off stage, I wondered why Santa had a letter in his pocket to begin with because he doesn't read any letters in the second act. I was totally confused but didn't really think anything of it. I just felt proud of myself for being so professional to roll with out of the ordinary stuff.

Here's the rest of the story.

After the dinner break before I was getting ready for the second show, I was talking with my friend Matt. He was telling me about how in the last show Mrs. Claus didn't have the letter she was supposed to read after the elf scene. My jaw dropped open! I ruined Christmas for everyone! I felt so bad that I had taken that letter! I told Matt about how I found it on the ground and put it in my basket. Anyway, he said that Mrs. Claus played it off really well and improvised until one of the stage hands off stage gave her a copy of the letter.

Apparently during the dance that Santa and Mrs. Claus have the letter fell out of her pocket. She didn't realize the letter had fallen out until she went to get it out of her pocket.

I felt so bad that I had taken the letter! I went and talked with Tina who plays Mrs. Claus and apologized for taking the letter. I hadn't even put it together that the letter was hers. She wasn't mad at me! (Thank goodness because I would hate to get on Mrs. Claus's bad side! No presents for me this Christmas!)

Life onstage. Expect the unexpected. No two shows are the same (thank goodness)!