Friday, November 9, 2007

The Last of the 20s

As most of you know (because I reminded you frequently), my birthday occurred over a week ago on November 1st. I turned the awesome age of 29!! It has been a week and a day and I love it! I had a marvelous birthday (many times over).

Before I left for Myrtle Beach, SC, my parents celebrated my birthday. They took me out for dinner at Market Street Grill (which I highly recommend). Then I opened presents at home and blew out the candles on my birthday cake. My birthday cake was delicious-cinnamon cake with white frosting! YUM!!


I was in Myrtle Beach, SC for my actual birthday rehearsing for the Radio City Christmas Spectacular. I spent most of the day at the rehearsal hall watching the world famous Rockettes do what they do best-kick! It was great! I can't think of a better way to spend my birthday. Just before the cast went to lunch, they all sang Happy Birthday to me. It was awesome! I loved the attention! After work, about half of the cast went to Fiesta Del Burro Loco-a local Mexican restaurant-to celebrate my birthday. Apparently the birthday person has the privilege of riding the burro loco (crazy donkey) around the restaurant. I gracefully turned down the offer to ride the donkey but agreed to wear the sombrero and stand next to the burro. We all had a great time eating, drinking, and creating friendships.



I had an awesome birthday! Thanks to all those who sent me emails, voice messages, and text messages wishing me a Happy Birthday! I loved them!