Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Grandma's 85th Birthday

My Grandma (on my mom's side of the family) had her 85th birthday in July.  Most of her posterity (namely the ones still in her good graces and who truly love her) got together to celebrate her life.  My brother and Allen even flew in for the festivities.

The celebration began with a picnic at a park in Cache Valley (northern Utah).  I spent the time talking with aunts, uncles, cousins, and being grateful that none of the crazy children running around were mine.  Grandma told us some stories from her life.  She has done it all!  She is an amazing woman!  If I could do half of the things she has done, I will have considered my life immensely blessed.  The picnic culminated with the singing of "Happy Birthday", candles being blown out, and chocolate cake being devoured.

Grandma with her friend Arnie, who happens to have the same birthday as her!

Here are the birthday kids with some great-grandkids to help out.

This is my mom with her siblings and her mother.
While we waited for Phase 2 of the celebration to begin, my family drove around Cache Valley and saw some of the different houses Grandma had lived in throughout her life.

The old folks table. :)
The kids table.

Phase 2 commenced with meeting up with the family at Sizzler for dinner.  Many family members pooped out and didn't make it to the Big Siz for dinner.  Grandma who was 85 years old made it to dinner so I don't know what their problems were!  I had a great time catching up with my cousins and laughing with them.  I think Grandma had a wonderful birthday!  She loves spending time with her family so that is the best gift we could have given her.