Sunday, June 8, 2008

Radio City Auditions

My mom and I flew in to Los Angeles, CA (actually the Burbank Airport) last Thursday at noon. Even though the planes flying in and out of Burbank are smaller than the ones into LAX, I highly recommend the Burbank Airport. It is a lot smaller than LAX so there are a lot less people that fly in and out of it. Checking in and going through security was a breeze! We left the rain and freezing temperatures in Salt Lake City and landed in blue skies and warm weather in sunny California. My friend Matt Hoglund picked us up from the airport. We ate a delicious lunch of soup, salad, and breadsticks at the Olive Garden. Can I just say that Olive Garden's salad is just not as good as it used to be. They totally scrimp on their salads. This is what their salads now consist of-three drops of Italian dressing, 2 slices of a tomato, way too many onions, 2 jalapeno peppers, and a whole head of lettuce! I was a tad disappointed! I went through two breadsticks before I finally got a hot SOFT breadstick. The company more than made up for it though. I enjoyed catching up with Matt and spending some QT with him.

The audition for the Radio City Christmas Spectacular was at a different dance studio in NoHo (North Hollywood) than it has been in previous years. I liked the new studio because we didn't have to go traipsing across a parking lot in order to go from the lobby to the dance studio. I met up with some former coworkers at the audition. There were about 16 people at the audition. All but 2 had auditioned before. The competition was fierce as it always is, but I felt I did my best. During the audition, I was paired with my favorite former coworker, Brad. We did this particular number side by side over 120 times so it was just like old times. I felt totally at ease and confident during the audition. The audition only lasted 55 minutes.

My mom and I then went to our favorite place, the Pantages Theatre, to watch the show Wicked. It was my 12th time to see the show, and Mom's 11th time to see it. The seats we paid for were on the very last row in the theatre. By the time it started, we were sitting on the fourth row in the mezzanine. At intermission, we moved down to the front row in the mezzanine! The show was AMAZING!!!!!! Words cannot even express how much I LOVE this show! It is my own version of heaven. After the show, Mom and I stood by the stage door so we could see our most favorite Fiyero, Derrick Williams. We both got our picture taken with him. He is super HOT!! When he saw me, he said, "I have seen you before." I said, "Yeah, I have seen you in the show lots of times." We talked with him as he was walking to his car. He is so funny!

Mom and I flew home to Antarctica (I mean Salt Lake City) the following day. I won't find out anything about Radio City until the end of July, first part of August. As soon as I hear anything (if I hear anything), I will post it.