Monday, January 21, 2008

Rather go to the Dentist!

Last week, I finally summoned enough courage to get my annual haircut. I absolutely hate getting my haircut. It always is very traumatic and often leaves me in tears. I have decided for long hair because I hate getting my haircut. The "stylists" never seem to get it right. They must not understand me because what I end up with is never what I ask for.

So last Tuesday was the big day. I drove to the hair stylists and got right in. She asked me what I wanted. I told her, "I just want my hair trimmed. Even up my hair and make sure that it is straight when you are done. Take a little bit off the ends so I don't have any more split ends." Those were the directions, but that was not what I ended up with. The girl got done cutting my hair. Then she showed me the mirror so I could see the back which looked fine. I drove home thinking that was pretty painless and went relatively well.

I come in the door and announce to my parents that I had gotten my haircut. My mom took a look at the back and asked me if I had told them to cut all of my hairs or just specific sections. She took me to the bathroom and pointed out many clumps of hair that did not get cut. I looked like I had given scissors to a 2 year old and told them to go at it! It was horrible! I asked my mom if she would go back with me so she could point out the horrible job they did. She didn't have time that day but she would go with me the next morning. Luckily, I didn't have to leave my house the rest of the day.

The next morning, my mom and I showed up at the hair cutters bright and early when they opened. My mom barely had to show the girl all the places that were missed the day before because she could see it right away. Luckily I got a different girl that actually knew how to cut hair. By the time I left my hair was about two inches shorter than when I had started the day before but at least I didn't look like my hair dresser was a toddler! See how traumatic it is to get a haircut! That is why I would much rather go to the dentist and have a cavity filled than get my hair cut!