Tuesday, January 29, 2008

In Memory of a True Leader

To say I was shocked when I found out President Gordon B Hinckley passed away would be an understatement. Granted he was 97 1/2 years old so it shouldn't have been totally unexpected. I guess I was just hoping the day wouldn't come when we wouldn't see the unfailing smile on his face.

President Hinckley is a wonderful example of eternal optimism. He knew that life had its difficult moments but he was always smiling. My favorite idea President Hinckley spread was that we don't need to worry so much about things in our life because things always work out. The sadness and despair we sometimes feel doesn't last forever. There is a plan for our lives. If we get to worrying too much or meddling too much in our lives, then we might miss out on some wonderful opportunities.


It just brings a HUGE smile to my face to know that these two lovebirds are together again never to be separated. I can't even imagine the joy these two felt when they were reunited again. They were truly not complete when they were apart.

President Hinckley is a great example of faith, fun, wit, and wisdom. I am grateful to have lived during the time when President Hinckley was the prophet on the earth. President Hinckley helped to build and strengthen my testimony by his testimony and example.