Monday, March 26, 2012

High School Reunion

This year marks 15 years since I have graduated from high school.  Some days, it feels like high school was a LONG time ago.  Other days, it feels like it was just yesterday.  A lot of great things have happened since high school.  (It would be depressing if I couldn't say that honestly!)  BUT I have a lot of great memories from high school.

I made wonderful friends in high school and actually keep in touch with a lot of them.  (Thank you, Facebook!)  My high school had a five year and ten year reunion which I attended.  I enjoyed getting together with high school pals.  There isn't a fifteen year reunion, so I'm doing my own version.  I have been able to hang out with some high school friends on a one-on-one basis.

In March, I spent a Saturday visiting high school friends.  My first stop was in northern Utah to a couple I went to high school with, Jared and Julie.  We all went to high school together so we had a great time reminiscing of the old glory days and updating each other on what has happened since.  I told them of my travels while they told me about the kids.  They have four kids that keep them very busy.  Between the family, work, church service, etc, they have a very full and happy life.

My next stop was even more northern Utah to visit with my friend Beth.  Beth happened to have a husband- and kids-free day so we decided to splurge on some Aggie ice cream.  (See picture below.)  Her husband was away on a March madness basketball trip and the kids were sleeping over at Grandma's and Grandpa's.  We caught each other up on our lives for the past seven years or so.  She has moved a few times, has four kids with one on the way, teaches dance, and serves in the church.  We had a nice visit.  At the end of the visit, the kids came home so I got to meet them.  I had a great day.

Just recently, I spent some time with one of my other favorite people from high school, Michelle.  I hadn't seen her in five years.  It was so much fun hanging out with her!

My favorite thing I am realizing is that I can go years without seeing someone and then when I do get together with them, we pick up right where we left off and we just keep moving forward.  I love that!

Who am I going to visit next?