Thursday, October 20, 2011

It's a Cake Walk

Mom and I attended Hale Centre Theatre's annual Thank You Evening they put on for their employees.  (I was Mom’s date.  She was the employee.)  After the performances and games were over, the group sang Happy Birthday, blew out the candle, and ate cake.  There were six different cakes to choose from.  A few years ago, my friend Michael and I decided to sample each of the cakes.  When it was time to eat cake, Michael found me and said we had to keep the tradition alive and try each of the cakes.  I was up for the challenge.  We started with the blueberry filled white cake with white frosting.  (Sorry there is no picture.  We ate it too fast!)  It turned out to be our favorite.  Then we moved on to three different kinds of chocolate cake varieties.  After the second piece, they all started tasting the same.  Then there was a caramel kind of cake.  The last was a white cake with lemon and raspberry filling.  I was hoping that would be the winner but the blueberry cake won by a layer of frosting!  Enjoy the pictures:




Cake #2
Cake #3
Cake #4
Cake #5
Please! No More!
Cake #6
Cake Coma