Thursday, March 13, 2008

Adventures at Cabela's

I really wanted to wait to post this until I had some pictures. I highly doubt I will be getting any pictures from Mark so I will just give you the word version. You will have to use your imaginations (what's that?) for the pictures. Sorry!

One day after Mark got off work, we decided to have an adventurous outing. We went to Cabela's. I would liken it to a poor man's Disneyland. It even has a Matterhorn (sort of)!! Since we were a poor man (and woman), we figured this place was for us. Even though it was free to go there, we both left some of our wallets there.

We got there at 5:45 PM so we were just in time to watch the feeding of the fish in the aquarium. My friend who had already been there told me, "You have to see the feeding of the fish." The only problem was finding the aquarium. We sort of gave up (even though we really never started looking), when an employee came up to us and asked if we had seen the feeding of the fish. We both replied we hadn't. He directed us to the fish. The aquarium was already being scoped out by a Boy Scout troop. Mark and I watched the feeding of the fish. I really didn't find it appropriate for anyone under the age of 14 years old. It was very graphic and a bit disturbing. Mark and I just kept looking at the fish and then looking at each other and then back at the fish. We didn't know what to think. We just kept saying, "This is sick and wrong....Yet it is so entertaining!"

After the horrifically entertaining fish feeding, we set our sights to the rest of the store. Cabela's has everything you would ever need for the outdoors and everything you didn't think you would need. I am an indoor girl myself but hanging out with Mark over these past two years has "encouraged" me to explore my outdoor self.

We (read here Mark) found the shooting range in the store. He loaded his pockets up with tokens and had a shoot em up good time. It was mildly entertaining for me to watch as dinky little things happened when he hit the target-a bottle falling over, a light turning on, you know the drill). After much coaxing, Mark talked me into shooting a round or two. At first I had no idea what I was doing. (At least that was what I lead him to believe. Hee-hee!) We finally decided on a friendly shooting competition. When all the shots had been taken, let's just say that I ate dinner for free that evening! 'nough said!

Mark and I both have sweet teeth that can't be ignored. When our teeth and stomachs led us to the fudge shop, we couldn't resist. We came out a little poorer and our taste buds much happier!

Then it was on to the camping gear. Mark and I are planning a little camping trip to the Uintas this summer (because we waited too long to go last summer) so Mark enjoyed pointing out all the necessities-tent, sleeping bags, lanterns, etc. I pointed out all the necessities we would need as well-portable shower with hot water, portable potty, air mattress, microwave, etc. I think me and Mark have a slightly different idea of "camping".

Our last stop was in the gun department. Can I just say, "Wow, there are a lot of guns to choose from!" We saw BB guns for hundreds of dollars! I agree with Mark. He said, "If you're going to spend that much on a gun, you might as well get a real gun!" Well said.

Cabela's is a very fun place to go. I highly recommend it to anyone that wants a cheap night out (granted you don't buy anything).

Our next adventures will be taking place at...IKEA! I can't wait!